The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Monster in the Gulf

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

LeStrange1
Posted 2005-08-27 1:37 PM (#139119)
Subject: Monster in the Gulf

There's a MONSTER in the Gulf Of Mexico that has a 99% threat of snatching my home and everything I own that won't fit into 2 vehicles. That's hard to accept. REALLY hard. Catagory 4 hurricanes are extremely devastating and New Orleans and all metropolitan areas will forever be changed by this catastrophic storm.

I live 45 miles south of my native N.O. The tidal surge alone will destroy southeast Louisiana. So, please pray for us, keep us in your hearts and please don't say that we "asked" for it by living here. Our roots are here, our families and our unique vocations, in my case an oilfield hotshot truck owner/operator that loves OVATION GUITARS.

It's time for us to evacuate before it becomes mandatory. It takes approximately 6 hours to travel 130 miles in this kind of situation.
(Jeff, Now you know why I did not ask for that beautiful wooden roundback guitar to be sent my way!)
;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2005-08-27 1:43 PM (#139120 - in reply to #139119)
Subject: Re: Monster in the Gulf

I am watching the hurricane also. I am in Lafayette, two hour west of New Orleans. Three years ago we had hurricane Llly, and that really did a number around here. We hod no electricity for a week, and may homes were damaged or destroyed by falling trees. I will pray for you my friend. Be careful over there.
Matt Mattson
Posted 2005-08-27 2:20 PM (#139121 - in reply to #139119)

Having had two come over my home last year (and still sitting in a damaged home) I can tell you from experience to get going right now if you want out. Soon (very soon) the roads will be completely clogged and gasoline will be dry at the stations, people will sit out the hurricane on the highway when they run out of gas and make the roads impassable for the rest. Been there and seen it -- get going NOW!

Good Luck . . .
GutarZan
Posted 2005-08-27 5:48 PM (#139122 - in reply to #139119)

We were "just going to get a little wind" here in the keys. There were no watches or warnings issued for the lower keys Thursday. Few were prepared, all were surprised. It turned out to be the 4th most rain since 1834. Key West had winds over 60MPH for 12 hours with the center 90 to 160 miles out in the gulf, for a total of 30 hours of over 60MPH winds. The bands are still coming over every hour or so with gusts over 30 knots and buckets of rain. Tropical storm force winds will extend outward up to 200 miles by Monday. Yes, if it comes your way get out.
Designzilla
Posted 2005-08-27 5:51 PM (#139123 - in reply to #139119)

Yeah, what Matt said. We got hit by 2 last year as well. One bad, one not so bad. Power outages can last for quite awhile after the storm. And gas gets hard to find quick. Take care of yourself and the things most precious to you, but make sure you're somewhere safe!

We'll keep you in our prayers, check in when you can and let us know how you did.
GutarZan
Posted 2005-08-27 6:06 PM (#139124 - in reply to #139119)

This new radar will help anyone in harms way keep up with it. Its self updating with loads of info.
National Weather Service Experimental Long Range Radar Loop
Designzilla
Posted 2005-08-27 6:08 PM (#139125 - in reply to #139119)

GutarZan - thanks that's really handy!
Jeff W.
Posted 2005-08-27 6:51 PM (#139126 - in reply to #139119)

Wear it well fellers, wear it well.
Capo Guy
Posted 2005-08-27 8:55 PM (#139127 - in reply to #139119)

Our prayers are with you and the many others that will be effected by this storm. Remember the guitars can be replaced, your lives and those of your families can't.

P.S. Take along one Ovation to help you kill time while you're waiting to return home. :D
Jeff
Posted 2005-08-28 1:45 PM (#139128 - in reply to #139119)

Our house has become a house of prayer for all those in Katrina's path. I was still living in Miami when Andrew hit in '92, and that was the most frightening night of my life... This one looks even worse! As far as the prayers, just know that we've all got your back. But PLEASE, do whatever you need to do to stay safe... Godspeed.

Jeff
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)