The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation/TKL Ultralight Case: dumb design

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

bauerhillboy
Posted 2005-08-26 5:56 PM (#139210)
Subject: Ovation/TKL Ultralight Case: dumb design

I stole this at the last second of bidding from someone here...sorry. It was advertised as damaged, and damaged it is. Due to it's irregular shape there is a "hinge zipper" on the hinge side of the neck that MUST be unzipped before you open the case. Apparently the seller didn't do this and tore the zipper away from the case the first time they opened it. I was aware of all this and my wife (the seamstress) and I are trying to come up with a modification to this design.
There is a hang tag on the outside telling you to unzip the hinge zipper BEFORE you open the case, but it's easy to ignore the tag in the excitement of that first opening.It's also likely that a "helpful" person would open it for you not knowing about this.
Do any of you have one of these cases? Have you thought about this (or have you damaged your case)? Any solutions? John <>{
Top of the page Bottom of the page
an4340
Posted 2005-08-26 10:14 PM (#139211 - in reply to #139210)
Subject: Re: Ovation/TKL Ultralight Case: dumb design

I have something similar, and they look like a bitch to repair. Mine isn't broken yet, knock wood. Only thing that comes to mind is setting up some sort of straps or belts, that wrap around the cases body, kinda like on some pieces of luggage.
ChatMan
Posted 2005-08-29 8:38 AM (#139212 - in reply to #139210)

I had a case similar and I either left the hinge zipper unzipped or only partially zipped it. In the latter instance, the zipper would tend to unzip itself if you forgot.
worshipleader
Posted 2005-08-29 8:58 AM (#139213 - in reply to #139210)

TKL changed the design and eliminated the zipper on later versions. Now they just have an overlapping hunk of nylon fabric to cover up the back side where the top and the bottom of the case come together. I have two of them. First one had the zipper, but it was tearing away from the case where it was sewn on as well. Sent it back to Ovation and they sent me the "improved" model. The nut is that I really like the case for weight and it is gentler on the vinyl parts of my VW Beetle that the hard cases keep chewing up when I put the O in the back seat for transport. I use the hard cases in the winter though because I can keep them humidified.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)