The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
30th Anniversary Custom Legend

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Eman
Posted 2005-09-04 11:44 PM (#138333)
Subject: 30th Anniversary Custom Legend

I just recently purchased this fine instrument and wanted to share my pure unadulterated joy with the OFC. Also my heartfelt thanks to a few guys that helped me with a tough decision... Dave, Paul and Miles.

I can't say enough about this guitar. It's everything I wanted an Ovation to be, through many unsuccessful attempts to find the right one. I would say that it is as nice sounding as my 1943 Martin and more fun to play. I could care less about the cosmetics, although it is a beautiful piece as well. But the pallet and richness of sound is truly amazing. This CL is already in a place of esteem in my permanent collection.

Some may disagree (who am I kidding, some WILL disagree), but I like the way this guitar sounds over it's LX counterpart and the new contoured bowl 05 Collector. Apart from other Ovations, this selection beat the likes of Martins, Gibsons, Taylors, Guilds, Larivees, Legends and some boutique customs made from the finest tone woods available today.

I played the guitar for a good hour in the local shop and then had it played at me for 15 minutes or so. I fell in love with the sound and had to get this one, even though we'll be in the red for a while now. I didn't think I'd find another like it and the price was very good. This shop had bought out another out-of-state shop and I don't think this guitar was ever officially sold on the retail market. I'd like to find out about the 5 year warranty from Ovation. Maybe they'd agree to offer it to me if they don't have records of an initial warranty filing based on the serial number.

Regardless, I just love this guitar and can't seem to be able to put it down for very long. I'm anxious to run everything in my repertoire through it, and have been doing so for the past couple of days. I can now relate to those of you that have expressed your appreciation of Ovations and Adamas' over th4e years I have been reading the OFC Bulletin Board.

By the way, all said above is just as it relates to playing acoustic only. I've plugged it in once and it just blew me away. I'm more of an acoustic player these days but with the capability of such sweet tone, it may be time to get back in the saddle and try to excite a few locals. My voice sucks but the CL should get some toes tapping.

Anyway, thanks again to the OFC folks for sharing your histories and experiences and especially to those that graciously offered direction and inspiration. Hope I can repay it some day. Meanwhile, I'll be in the clouds with probably the best gitbox I will ever own.

May God bless y'all and especially those touched by Katrina. We'll continue to lift you up in our prayers.

Don/Eman.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2005-09-04 11:56 PM (#138334 - in reply to #138333)
Subject: Re: 30th Anniversary Custom Legend

Don, congrats.

Remember, Dave (StandingOvation)has a listing of serial numbers if you want to share.

Welcome to the few that have this wonderful instrument.
Standingovation
Posted 2005-09-05 9:33 AM (#138335 - in reply to #138333)

My favorite thing to do here on the OFC board is to read about people falling in love with new Ovation guitars. Congratulations Don.

Dave
moody, p.i.
Posted 2005-09-05 10:25 AM (#138336 - in reply to #138333)

"I'm anxious to run everything in my repertoire through it, and have been doing so for the past couple of days."

Wow. I can run thru my repertoire in about 5 mintues (or even play the songs I know)!

Seriously, the 30th is a great guitar with a great sound. You made a good choice.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)