The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
The coolest wife ever!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Jeff W.
Posted 2005-09-07 6:42 AM (#138280 - in reply to #138255)
Subject: Re: The coolest wife ever!

You married guys...

...permission this...

...forgiveness that...

wahhhh, wahhh, wahhh...

Gentleman, reclaim your testicles!!

Tell 'em you're BUYING this guitar so you have something to occupy your time since you're not having sex any more!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
WeaserP
Posted 2005-09-07 7:18 AM (#138281 - in reply to #138255)

Right. I told my wife something to that effect one time and she told me that I could easily kill both of those birds (having something to play with AND satisfying my primal urges) with one stone if I really thought hard enough.

Good thing I'm not too bright.
GrilledCheese
Posted 2005-09-07 9:55 AM (#138282 - in reply to #138255)

Originally posted by muzza:
My wife sounds a bit like GrilledCheese's, without the humorous acceptance! I can usually get away with most things as she's not the most observant of God's creatures.

Oh to have a wife that understands a man's need for nice guitars and power tools.

Here's my confession; I have put up with my cheap guitar (Hondo, cost me £23 at at a market when I lived in the UK - overpriced by about £20) for about 12 years now, possibly more. (I do have a nice '70's Fender Precision bass to make up for it though)

So one day I asked her, if I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay, could I have a new Ovation (new for me, that is) She OK'ed it as long as the proceeds of the auction would cover the cost. When it later slipped out that I'd already agreed to buy the guitar before I'd OK'ed it with her, the - excrement - hit - the - propeller.

I bought a mint 1768 for $521US, I've allowed $200US for shipping (it's STILL in the States as I write) My eBay auction earned me over $1000AUD, which about perfectly covers the purchase and shipping of the 1768, which I reluctantly now need to sell to cover the cost of the 2005ES FRG Collectors that I have since also bought behind her back. (Contrary to popular belief, I DO NOT have a death wish)

OK, here's the thing. Down here, I should easily get $2000AUD for the 1768. The 2005ES cost me $1000US plus about $200US for shipping - that's about $1700AUD for a NEW Ovation. If I can get $2K for the 1768, I've got a free new ovation and made $300 profit.

Do you think I should tell my wife my plans.

NO BLOODY WAY!!! I'm not a fan of sleeping on the sofa unless I'm really ill.

I love her and fear her at the same time.

I'll tell her when the profits are in the bank.

Here are my questions.
Am I an untrustworty-behind-the-back-sneaky-bastard type husband?
Or a sneaky-possibly-successful-smalltime businessman?
Or both?
Will my adoration of all things Ovation overcome my wife's reluctance to take a gamble?

Seriously, though, have I done a bad thing, going behind her back like that? I'm positive this buy for profit thing can work.

It's all the OvationFanClub's fault for telling me how bloody good the 2005ES is.
All is not lost Muzza. In fact you sound a lot like me. I've been sneaky for a long time, and I'm very good at hiding things in the open. My wife isn't the most observant of Gods creatures either. :D

I now have 7 guitars, but she thinks I only have 2, plus the uke, and mandolin. :D

It has taken many years to develope this skill, and it works about 90% of the time. :D
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-09-07 10:14 AM (#138283 - in reply to #138255)

You must have a big house and a maid to hide 5 guitars. I guess I display mine too proudly, even if they are in the basement. I don't try to hide mine, although I must admit to buying now and telling later a couple of times. I haven't mastered my wife's technique of buying something and then saying, "We talked about this and you agreed," when the reality is that she might have mumbled something and I didn't respond because I was watching a football game.
Part of being married is having somebody to complain about. As far as the sex goes, Jeff, I've found that it's a lot easier to talk my wife into it than it was to talk somebody else into it when I was single. But that was 28 years ago and I'm getting to the age where my best memories are of stuff that never happened.
NostrAdamas
Posted 2005-09-07 10:48 AM (#138284 - in reply to #138255)

So I will tell you what im in almost 5 days of AD11 1769 ownership and the whole family agrees this axe is sweet!Dimeola had the neck modified.guessing thats one of the things that makes it a signature gtr.The neck is wider than a standard ovation and makes it much easier to play chordal picking..and the tone of this baby plugged in...........Jeff

Elite 768-X(with Roland Gk-2p/u)
AD11 1769
43'MARTIN D-28
WASHBURN TANGLEWOOD 12
HERNANDIZ CLASSICAL
cruster
Posted 2005-09-07 11:13 AM (#138285 - in reply to #138255)

Originally posted by WeaserP:
Right. I told my wife something to that effect one time and she told me that I could easily kill both of those birds (having something to play with AND satisfying my primal urges) with one stone if I really thought hard enough.

Good thing I'm not too bright.
You owe my employer one new 21" monitor.
WeaserP
Posted 2005-09-07 11:22 AM (#138286 - in reply to #138255)

Shoot. I'll have to sell a guitar to raise enough to pay for a 21"er...(hmm, think)...HEY!JW, is it too late to get on the wooden roundback tour??? :D
Jeff W.
Posted 2005-09-07 1:11 PM (#138287 - in reply to #138255)

Having some idea as to where your hands have been lately.....

yeah, right.
WeaserP
Posted 2005-09-07 1:15 PM (#138288 - in reply to #138255)

Double shoot...
Jeff W.
Posted 2005-09-07 1:23 PM (#138289 - in reply to #138255)

Originally posted by WeaserP:
Double shoot...
Your wife really IS missing out...
MrDano
Posted 2005-09-12 12:41 PM (#138290 - in reply to #138255)

Originally posted by Mark in Boise:
...But that was 28 years ago and I'm getting to the age where my best memories are of stuff that never happened.
Amen brother - it's the stuff that legends are made of - got a few of my own, and gaining a few more with each passing year!

Dano
an4340
Posted 2005-09-12 12:57 PM (#138291 - in reply to #138255)

One place to keep them until you can cook up a story is at the office. It gives you time to contemplate.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2005-09-12 6:37 PM (#138292 - in reply to #138255)

I'd still have a bunch in my office and have to explain them every day to people that came in. I had a partner who did that with golf clubs. He died in an accident a couple years ago and his wife was shocked that he had 5 or 6 sets of clubs he had hidden from her. Only problem was he was left handed and she had a tough time selling them.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)