The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New member - posting to forums?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

red_baron
Posted 2015-11-01 10:04 PM (#518034)
Subject: New member - posting to forums?

Hi folks,

Sorry for the second message here. I registered and posted my first message here, but am unable to post new threads or reply to threads in any other forums.

Saw a couple threads I wanted to chime in on, also wanted to post a new informational thread after recently having the "pleasure" of replacing a trim pot in a Magnum pickup. Also wanted to post a for-sale notice about three (!) Ovation electric guitars I'm currently selling.

Thanks for any help!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2015-11-01 11:07 PM (#518036 - in reply to #518034)
Subject: Re: New member - posting to forums?

Hello Red,

Welcome. Post away, your newbie label is removed.
red_baron
Posted 2015-11-01 11:11 PM (#518037 - in reply to #518034)
Subject: RE: New member - posting to forums?

Thanks much, Damon, I appreciate it! Cheers!
Damon67
Posted 2015-11-02 12:48 AM (#518040 - in reply to #518034)

Had I realized you were a dealer just wanting to use our member base to market to, I would not have let you in.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2015-11-02 1:12 AM (#518041 - in reply to #518034)
Subject: RE: New member - posting to forums?

Damon,

red_baron - 2015-11-01 8:04 PM

also wanted to post a new informational thread

For future reference "informational thread" means Mass Marketing or SPAM.
red_baron
Posted 2015-11-02 6:16 PM (#518085 - in reply to #518034)

Guys, sorry for the misunderstanding - I'm not actually a dealer at all, just a guy who has lurked for years and is now selling a couple Vipers and no other instruments. I've cleared it up with the admins, but I understand how I might look like "just another spammer" as I understand that has been an issue on the boards. In a way, it's a compliment - perhaps it means the amateur instrument photos I took look professional?

So, no mass marketing here. Just letting folks who would appreciate them know about my guitars. I'll repost the listing in the For Sale area and, hopefully in the next few days, my Magnum pickup story & photos as well.

Old Man Arthur, if you don't see that informational Magnum post by the end of the week, please feel free give me as much grief as you like.
red_baron
Posted 2015-11-02 6:20 PM (#518086 - in reply to #518034)

Here's my story - if I'd posted all this upfront, it might have reduced confusion. Sorry about that.

I've been an Ovation owner for 15 years now, and an admirer for longer than that. My first exposure to Ovations was looking at the book 'American Guitars' by Tom Wheeler that my friend had checked out from the library in high school in the late '80s. I saw a photo of the Ovation Magnum and I fell in love with it instantly, telling myself I'd have one someday. Later, in college, that same friend was my roommate and musical partner in several groups, and he bought an all-blonde Viper electric. I thought it was really cool, but I was mainly focused on playing bass at the time, and he sold it at some point, but that guitar stuck in my mind. Finally in 2000 I found a Magnum, which was my first Ovation. The next year, I found a brown Viper which was just gorgeous, and that was my second Ovation and my first electric guitar. I used it on some recording projects with my friend (which I still have copies of). A couple years later, I found another fantastic Viper, this one a natural-finish example of the later models, with the satin finish and updated bridge. It's been my main writing and recording electric guitar ever since. Just this year, I bought a "closet classic" Preacher to add the humbucker sound to the mix.

Now I find myself in a place where, with two kids and a busy day job and my previous musical collaborators now far away, I have some instruments that aren't getting used enough and never-ending bills to pay. So I've decided to sell my two Vipers, even though they are gorgeous instruments and I have been happy to own them all these years. I'd be happier if I didn't sell them, but I'm having to simplify.

Cheers.
red_baron
Posted 2015-11-07 3:08 PM (#518324 - in reply to #518034)

Just to close the loop, here's that Magnum-pickup thread I mentioned. Cheers!

http://www.ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=46...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)