The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
what was your first guitar.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Joyful Noise
Posted 2004-05-03 7:49 PM (#188891 - in reply to #188841)
Subject: Re: what was your first guitar.

Originally posted by Tim Chapman:

1974 Gibson Les Paul Custom cherry burst... tried to become another Duane Allman... didn't though!

If you still have that LP and want to sell it let me know. I'm still trying to become another Duane Allman. :rolleyes: In fact I just learned "Little Martha" last week on my relatively recently purchased S771.

My first guitar was a POS Univox electric which I never learned to play. That had to be around 1972, when I was still in Junior High.

Didn't get serious about learning to play until college. My friend had a gold top LP and an Ovation acoustic only. I bought a used 1976 Strat around 1979 and an Alvarez acoustic about a year later. Still have the Strat and play it virtually everyday. About a year ago I bought a cheap Takamine, but it didn't take me long to decide it was time to spend a little money on an American made Ovation.

I initially wanted a 1777, but after playing a lot of different models, from Celebrities to Adamas to a 1771LX and a 1777LX, I really couldn't find anything that sounded as nice and was as easy to play as one particular S771 I found at a GC. And besides, I kind of like the understated looks.

-Rick
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2004-05-04 7:34 AM (#188892 - in reply to #188841)

Rick,

....sigh.... unfortunately, I sold the LP in 1981 for funds to relocate back to California from South Dakota.... :(
kickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickme :mad:

tim
Joyful Noise
Posted 2004-05-04 7:48 PM (#188893 - in reply to #188841)

Originally posted by Tim Chapman:
Rick,

....sigh.... unfortunately, I sold the LP in 1981 for funds to relocate back to California from South Dakota.... :(
kickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickmekickme :mad:

tim

Don't feel bad, my friend sold that gold top LP, probably an early 60's model, for three hundred and fifty shortly after college. :(

I won't ever sell my '76 strat, not that its all that valuable, but I simply don't like any of the ones I've seen that have been made in the past 20 years.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)