The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ongoing UPS fiasco re: my Pacemaker

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Nils
Posted 2004-05-06 3:00 PM (#188344)
Subject: Ongoing UPS fiasco re: my Pacemaker

I just got this from the seller after being told last week that they had sent the claim BS to the east coast-

"Staples said they are issuing me a check......
This follows 3 phone messages over 3 days, one final debackle when I was told UPS was denying the claim.
I promptly flipped out and was put on hold while the Staples guy called the UPS claims contact bozo.
He was then told UPS accepted responsibility for the damage and would honor the claim.
Now I have the number of the check release woman at Staples, it's finally at her desk, I have left her a message to call me back when it is cut.
When I get it, I will promptly pay-pal you the amount.
I can't believe this has been such a pain....sort of like a fully engorged deer tick in our respective left nuts....
Thanks for the patience, United Parcel Smashers suck. I'll shoot you an e-mail when it shows and I pay-pal the cash to you.
Ron"

I found an email I sent to Ron about this with part of an old "lost" post-

-------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Slipkid:

Hey gang....Just a word about my ups damage claim of two weeks ago. I got a check for the full amount. No hassle, few questions.
Brad

You were lucky Brad, I'm glad you came out OK.

Personally, I'm still waiting for my claim to be settled on my Pacemaker from going on SEVEN WEEKS AGO. A dozen emails, dozens of phone calls (three coast to coast calls from the seller, Ebay name-"Refret", great guy to deal with, btw!). I've been brushed off & ignored repeatedly, requiring that I keep calling them back. (Great hint from Al- Get names, get phone numbers, mention them every chance you get, they really do hate that! Thanks Al!)
I've had enough smoke blown up my ass by those bastards to signal every Indian tribe in the USA. I have a whole stack of paperwork, notes & assorted bullshit that's been piling up.

When the UPS "inspector" finally showed up a week ago last Friday he told me the insurance company would contact me within a week. He said to call him back if I didn't hear from them. Didn't happen. So I called him back yesterday & was told by his secretary that the claim had been transferred to the east coast. Now the seller is trying to chase down the insurance people from the Staples where he shipped it in NY.

They keep stalling, apparently hoping we'll go away but it ain't gunna happen. When it's all said & done I'll probably be lucky to get 50 bucks out of 'em, if that.

-------------------------------------------------

Now it's been the full 7 weeks. What a pain in the ass! Now I'm really curious as to how much they'll give us for the claim, it was insured for $300....

United Parcel Smashers REALLY SUCK!

/\/\/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
seesquare
Posted 2004-05-06 4:16 PM (#188345 - in reply to #188344)
Subject: Re: Ongoing UPS fiasco re: my Pacemaker

Not to be patronizing, Nils, but "I feel your pain". I currently have a guitar "missing in action". Sent it from here to Southern Cal, by the good ol' USPO a month ago, and it's nowhere to be found. Tax dollars, and folding money, (not) at work. I warned the buyer we would be in for a bunch of bureaucracy. Just check out the website.
Nils
Posted 2004-05-06 8:13 PM (#188346 - in reply to #188344)
Subject: Re: Ongoing UPS fiasco re: my Pacemaker

Sorry to hear that Seesquare :( I hope they eventually locate it. Was it insured?

There's an SGP (small guitar part) somewhere that has been on it's way to me in the mail from Tony Calman in SoCal for going on three weeks now. Come to think of it there are two of them on the way now, he sent off another one Tuesday. Maybe they'll do better on the second try....
At least I have the Pacemaker in hand. The case is cracked in five places & it has a six pack or so of new hairline cracks in the top but it still works fine. Some epoxy will probably more or less fix the case & the surface cracks I can live with. I could live with the assorted cracks better with a 100 dollar bill in my pocket, but even if they only give me five bucks it would be nice to get *something* besides the ol' Okey-Doke. It's the principal of the thing now.

At least it is a good running gag :)

UPS is happy to take your money for insurance but they sure don't want to pay a claim, not this claim anyway. I think maybe Allstate Ins. adjusters go to work for United Parcel Smashers when they retire.

/\/\/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)