Hamer (Ovation?) influences tacoma influences fender?
an4340
Posted 2005-06-10 10:46 AM (#148131)
Subject: Hamer (Ovation?) influences tacoma influences fender?

Recently, I got a tacoma / olympia solid body electric papoose as a travel guitar. (The guitar is really nice! Sounds 75% like a regular electric and 25% like a mandocaster. Also, cheap because they've been discontinued!) However, I did some research on who designed it and the company background. One of the designers was Terry Atkins
http://www.musicianshotline.com/archive/interviews/tacoma_guitars.h... who worked at Hamer. The electric papoose reminds me a whole lot of the Korina special, at least in terms of body shape. Second, I wonder if during his stay at Hamer, he got to study any ovations because, the offset soundhole used in their wing series was definitely exploited first by ovation. Now here's the interesting thing, Tacoma was just bought by Fender, and Tacoma will be building Fender's guild guitars. I'm wondering if any of the Hamer and ovation design features will wind up in guild or fender designs. Also, while I'm musing, I've seen viellette guitars, from new york, with offset soundholes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
E.Sherman
Posted 2005-06-10 11:12 PM (#148132 - in reply to #148131)
Subject: Re: Hamer (Ovation?) influences tacoma influences fender?

DId this Terry Atkins also influence the creation fo the Atkins diet? Holy cow!
Top of the page Bottom of the page