Help from Across the pond ?????
Northcountry
Posted 2005-07-11 1:09 PM (#144673)
Subject: Help from Across the pond ?????

Hey Have a strange request. I am wondering if one of our members from England could help me to buy a guitar strap. I found a strap that happens to match the "Bat" inlays on a Carlo Robeli 12 string bass I have. I found a company that sells guitar straps called "Klondyke" and they make a strap that is just a perfect match for this bass #4017, red bats design. This guitar store is in England,.....End of story right? costs 13.50 euro's so I signed up on their web site and tried to order this strap? They do not have the USA listed as a country they will ship to, so I emailed them and, to make a long story short, this company called "Piedog.com" will not ship to the USA? I told them I will pay whatever the extra cost is I just want a simple guitar strap? Nope they have a policy that they do not ship to the US. OK I still don't know why, but I have to assume this company has an owner who is not happy with the US for some reason. Now considering recent history I can imagine there might be many. But I just want to buy a strap I have found nowhere else on the planet. So, since then, I have been trying to find another store anywhere in the USA, Canada, or England who carries Klondyke Guitar Straps????? Can't find anyone. A company called Strings & Things from the UK is the distributer but they can't sell me one because I am not a dealer.
So would anyone from this OFC who lives in england be willing to take the time to let me pay them for this Strap, Shipping, and a reasonable inconvienence fee?
If not perhaps someone from across the pond could tell me if they know of any shops (that I can do business with) where I may find one of these Klondyke Straps?
This should be easy right? Wrong.

Thanks Randy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2005-07-11 3:38 PM (#144674 - in reply to #144673)
Subject: Re: Help from Across the pond ?????

Maybe they are sold in Canada? Might have better luck getting one sent down. Just a thought.
Northcountry
Posted 2005-07-11 7:53 PM (#144675 - in reply to #144673)

Yep tried a few I found on the Net. I also tried a few more in England. Only store I can find is Piedog and they have three stores in the UK. Very strange, Never found a product I liked that was this obscure, and in a store that did not want my money. Only thing I can even think of is American Foregin Policy. They ship to all kinds of other countries, the only major one missing is apparently the USA. Hey no matter I am sure I was bound to find someone who is not happy with the US someday?
No worry I'll find a way to get one somehow. I just thought some of you guy's in the Old Country may actually know this store or perhaps another Guitar shop in the UK that happened to carry these Klondyke Straps.
Guess I should say what comes to mind to my guitar playing friends in england considering the recent events I overlooked in asking about a guitar strap.......

I sure hope Everyone on this site and their families are free from the pain and suffering that the UK has recently been inflicted with. I know from the news there were many families who are devistated by this attack.
The "Waste of Life" "terrorists cowards" directly responsible for this act are nothing more than "Brainwashed fools" who blindly do the bidding of Hateful Religious Zealots!
How anyone can continue to take credit for acts like this using the name of any religion is beyond me, and futhermore; It is beyond me why the rest of the, many millions of, members of this fine religion do not stand up and help to flush these animals into the streets were they can be rounded up and put to justice.
Hope ya know were with you.

Thanks Randy
jb
Posted 2005-07-12 3:13 AM (#144676 - in reply to #144673)

I'd help out with that, if you come up with nothing else.

I believe that Paul Templeman from this board runs an online music store, though - www.reallyusefulmusicco.co.uk so it may be that he could get hold of one for you... Try him first (see - free plug and drumming up trade!! No charge, Paul!) but drop me a line if it comes to nothing.

I'll post it for free if you promise to send back your 4080 Doubleneck. Sounds fair to me... Anyone?

JB
Northcountry
Posted 2005-07-12 5:09 AM (#144677 - in reply to #144673)

Boney Eyes McGee! Ohh man You gotta do something with that name. I'll email Paul your right I forgot he is a dealer. Thanks JB

Randy
Northcountry
Posted 2005-07-12 6:53 AM (#144678 - in reply to #144673)

Uggghhh Anyone know how I would find our Mr. Templeman's user name? or Email address? I looked through a few older posts but it looks like Paul has not posted in a while. This seems like the long way round to finding someone elses email address on this site. Is there some member's option to find other members I am not aware of?

Mr. T. ? Have a Question? If you would?

Randy
Standingovation
Posted 2005-07-12 7:09 AM (#144679 - in reply to #144673)

Use the directory button at the top of page. Member # 30.
schroeder
Posted 2005-07-12 8:38 AM (#144680 - in reply to #144673)

If you let jb sort it for you it'll come with bats and a quiff.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2005-07-12 10:57 AM (#144681 - in reply to #144673)

We don't have a dealer account with Strings & Things, but I can probably find these locally. I'll take a look next time I'm near the local stores
Northcountry
Posted 2005-07-12 2:21 PM (#144682 - in reply to #144673)

Thanks Paul. I honestly hate to ask anyone for help with something this simple. But these straps are just not available anywhere I have looked.
If you find one I think they are Klondyke #4017 it is Red leather and it has embossed bats all over it. You can't miss it! Feel free to buy it and I will send the costs for buying it, packing it, and getting it to me. OK? Randy

Standing O... Learn something every day! Never noticed that option before? Now I see where the score is kept for the most posts.

Schroeder A quiff? I had to look it up.... You Brit's... I don't know why you change our language so much.......All the best Man.
Randy
Northcountry
Posted 2005-07-29 1:37 PM (#144683 - in reply to #144673)

Paul I have emailed you about this strap but have not gotten a response so I am unsure if you have my note? Anyway I have found a company in Jolly Old England that carries these straps and is in the process of selling me one now.
Just in case anyone is interested, the store is called Arietta Music....... music@farmore.net .. Nice store. Thanks for the help offered but it looks like I figured it out in the meantime.

Randy
stephent28
Posted 2005-07-29 2:58 PM (#144684 - in reply to #144673)

Oasis Music on ebay has about 15 Klondyke straps listed.

Oasis Music

Maybe you can email them for help.
jb
Posted 2005-08-01 3:13 AM (#144685 - in reply to #144673)

Apologies, I'm afraid real life took over for a while there, and I'm unable to defend myself against the quiff remarks...

You'll be stunned to hear that the StoneChase pictures are out of date, and I now have a rockabilly hairstyle. Think Lee Rocker, Stray Cats bassist, and you'll be there...

Northcountry Glad the strap thing work out for you, and hope it arrives quickly.

Cheers.

JB
Northcountry
Posted 2005-08-01 10:01 AM (#144686 - in reply to #144673)

Stephent Oasis does not ship to the USA? I contacted them a few weeks ago. Ohh well.
You'd be surprised how many compaies in the UK do not (for whatever reason) do business with the US.
Anyway I did find one and it's on it's way. Cost me $30 US. Thanks again JB & All

Randy