I had a nice visit....
TRboy
Posted 2005-07-30 12:05 AM (#142349)
Subject: I had a nice visit....

We've got a NEW Guitar Center here in Greenville!!(about 16 miles from the house :p )

I went and checked them out Thursday night and met an extremely nice salesman in the Acoustic room named Bill Jennings!

Bill greeted everyone and offered to answer any questions anyone might have.....when a customer asks Bill a question about an Ovation I could tell he wasn't to familiar with the product so I eased over to help out and offered my 2 cents.

He was genuinely interested in what I'd said and sincerely wanted to learn more so I invited him to check out the OFC.....Bill and I talked about Ovations a good while until my wife came to drag me away :eek: (they were closing anyway!!)

As I left I shook his hand and thanked him for not being a "wood snob" and for not "badmouthing" Ovations.....and suggested he get in an "05 collector to check out the new contoured bowl!(what I really wanted to see and play!)

So I had a nice 1ST visit to a Guitar Center!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2005-07-30 4:25 AM (#142350 - in reply to #142349)
Subject: Re: I had a nice visit....

Greenville? Crap, I was there last week on vacation (actually flew into Greenville and drove south to Clemson). Rented a house on Lake Keowee. Hiked to some of the waterfalls in the mountains. Very nice. Anyway, I completely forgot you're from those parts. Would have been nice to get together. Next time.

PS - I didn't have any ukuleles with me, so I guess we didn't miss much.
Slipkid
Posted 2005-07-30 7:38 AM (#142351 - in reply to #142349)

Easteners go west and westerners go east. And never the two shall meet.
Woz
Posted 2005-07-30 8:35 AM (#142352 - in reply to #142349)

Good "work" on your first visit...

I was in the local GC yesterday and played several nice "O's"... They had a 95 collector on the wall for $900.00 nice guitar.

I believe "we" can and do make a difference when "we" visit any music store and "check things out"...

One GC salesman calls me the "Ovation guy"... I have often had an "O" T shirt on when visiting.

In our GC the "special room" or "high end" room never had an "O" inside... That has changed. "We" had 5 on the wall yesterday.

Let's see, this Martin is $2,200.00 and this "O" LX is $1,099.00... This is also a "quiet" room so I think it works well for selling USA "O's".

Woz