Magnetic pickup on an old Matrix
Frets
Posted 2005-08-16 7:52 AM (#140587)
Subject: Magnetic pickup on an old Matrix

I don't know if this is okay. If it's not, someone let me know.

I broke down Howie Day's song "Collide", transposed it to A as B is a lil too high for me. I am using the 1980 Ovation Matrix I got recently only and with just a little reverb. I am running it through the Seymour Duncan Maverick Performer single coil magnetic pickup I mentioned in another post. Please excuse the singing... and probably the playing... well maybe also the recording and mixing... but other than that, I thought it was okay.

I love the sound of this guitar and I think the pickup is pretty faithful to what I'm hearing acoustically. Like I mentioned earlier, I like it better than both my Washburn D10 and My Larivee D-02. It's deep, with a slightly metallic fading ring to the strumming, most likely as it has an aluminum neck. I think it articulates really well.

I am posting a link to you sendit so that you can download it to hear it. I am interested in responses to the guitar tone. This is purely for fun and no money changes hands... LOL. I don't know how much legal stuff there might be around covering a song so let me know if this is bad voodoo. It will only be available for downloading for 7 days. It's not like I'm posting Howie's version and distributing it but I admit I'm fairly ignorant about the royalty laws.

Alan\'s version of Howie Day\'s Collide

ALan
Top of the page Bottom of the page