Which Case Should I Get ?
Ward_Cleaver
Posted 2005-08-20 12:14 PM (#139930)
Subject: Which Case Should I Get ?

You fellows might remember that I inquired several days ago as to what model of Ovation I had come across. It was determined that I have a "Legend."

The case that came with it is light brown in color.
The case however, will not close all the way. It seems as if the lid has "sprung" somewhat from the rest of the case and the buckles do not match up good. I can only get one of the buckles to latch.
With a great deal of effort, I can get a second buckle to latch.
However, it is impossible to get the other two buckles to latch because they won't line up. Thus , the case will not close all the way. There is an open gap around most of the lid so that my guitar is not sufficiently protected from the elements, etc., while in this case.
I have no idea how the case got like this. The guitar is in perfect condition.
I would like to buy a new case for it, but am not sure which one to get.
I can't find another brown case for it (Ebay, etc.)so I have been looking on the internet for brand new cases.
I have seen some new black colored ones with the deignation "for deep bowl Ovations."
Is this the one I need?
Does anyone know of any reputable place on the internet where I can order a new case for my guitar at a decent price?

Thanks,
-Ward
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Designzilla
Posted 2005-08-20 1:07 PM (#139931 - in reply to #139930)
Subject: Re: Which Case Should I Get ?

I'd go where ever GN_Nick got his. It came with a 12 string!
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2005-08-20 2:46 PM (#139932 - in reply to #139930)

If it says "for deep bowl Ovations", and assuming they are truthful (not a sure thing on eBay), it will fit fine.

Roger
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2005-08-20 2:56 PM (#139933 - in reply to #139930)

Ward, this should work. I'd call or e-mail and ask to make sure it does fit deep-bowl, though, sometimes sellers "assume" things, and listings are incorrect.

http://www.music123.com/Ovation-Deep-Bowl-Hardshell-Case-i40084.mus...

I bought my first good guitar from Music123, I believe them to be reasonably honest, although there may be others in the OFC who have had less than happy dealings with them.

Roger