Corvairfan's Saturday Ovation thoughts
Corvairfan
Posted 2005-08-20 6:26 PM (#139905)
Subject: Corvairfan's Saturday Ovation thoughts

Well played my 05 today in a rehearsal situation. I still like the plugged in sound. The neck doesn't feel as skinny as I've been complaining about because I was also playing a strat, a bass and a Hamer Echotone...talk about variety of necks.

Anyway...my friend won the Adamas 2??? with the Op pro preamp at the OFC tour.

AMAZING...I played this Adamas standing up with an endpin and a headstock connected strap.

This guitar lies flat on my fat belly and it is an old designed deep bowl!! It even sits well on the leg sitting down.

I am blown away. My complaint about my S771 was no matter what I did standing up it tilted into my body..not so with the Adamas...that's amazing.

Also, some 05 collectors balance differently. My 05 I returned was neck heavy and I couldn't use an endpin strap. This new one balances nicely with a NEOTECH SUPER AXE STRAP...and the Neotech being neoprene doesn't rub the neck. AND..you have more control of the tilt of the body if you want to make it tilt in standing up....with say a Planet Waves acoustic guitar strap tied at the headstock it was locked tight against the body in an upright position.

Finally, I don't know why, the 05 with the same preamp as the Adamas and the same 1818 strings sounds richer and smoother plugged into the same Marshall acoustic amp. But the Adamas acoustically is mellower. Go figure.

That is all for now..overall a good day of practic e and some really cool observations.

Hopefully I'll play the 05 more and get used to the neck I really want to and I really really dig the sound of it.

Off to the Rolling Stones opening show Sunday night...cheapest seats in the house...I'm cheap. LOL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2005-08-20 7:11 PM (#139906 - in reply to #139905)
Subject: Re: Corvairfan's Saturday Ovation thoughts

Hey Corvairfan.
I'm not pushing for this, but if you ever want to sell your Echotone I know a guy in Texas who was interested in getting one.

Enjoy Mick and the boys....
Top of the page Bottom of the page