Ovation USA and Celebrity
Tommy M.
Posted 2005-12-31 6:05 PM (#124402)
Subject: Ovation USA and Celebrity

I'm curious about the Korean made Celebrity line. I wonder if they out sell the USA made Ovations? It would be interesting to know who manufactures them. I know that Samick in Korea manufactures some of the US Guitar import lines like Epiphone. I wonder who does the Celebrity products.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2005-12-31 6:12 PM (#124403 - in reply to #124402)
Subject: Re: Ovation USA and Celebrity

I believe that yes the imports do outsell the USA models. I only say this based on how many people I see playing kooreen vs. USA models and how many of each the shops stock and the mail order guys advertise. I think Kaman may have their own factories overseas, but I'm not sure one way or the other. For the money, the quality of the imports is very good according to most consumers standards. Dave
ignimbyte
Posted 2005-12-31 10:47 PM (#124404 - in reply to #124402)
Subject: Re: Ovation USA and Celebrity

My wife and I visited Seoul back in the summer of 2001. We took a tour of the Samick factory, and actually saw guitars that looked very much like the Ovations that they export to the U.S. At that time, however, there were no logos printed anywhere, and I wasn't aware of Ovation's headstock design then. I did noticed the composite round backs on them guitars, the diamond-shaped inlays on the frets, and the nicely decorated rosettes. Considering what I witnessed at that time, I will "safely assume" that Samick either solely manufactures or perhaps, one of the many factories there on contract to manufacture the celebrity line for Ovation.