My way to fight Covid.....
Dirty Harry
Posted 2022-02-15 5:17 PM (#557050)
Subject: My way to fight Covid.....

Hi folks at the Ovation FanClub!
You can't imagine how everyone in that crazy circus :-) did help me getting through that last two pandemic years .....

Trying to keep the story short:
Owned an Ovation guitar (don`t remember the model) about 35 years ago and let her go a few years later due to lack of money.
Since then I penetrated the cowboy chords of a good old german Hoyer Western Guitar my father gave to me as a christmas gift in 1975 (she's got a lot of heavy battle wounds, but now still save in her case under my bed).
In March 2020 I suddenly got the inspiration to look for another Ovation guitar after that long time.
Found one at a german dealers platform that looked like mine around thirtyfive years ago (blue, shallow - simply beautiful) and so I did the purchase despite a missing label inside.
Started some research to identify what I bought, captured the OV-Tribute site, where a Japanese catalog from 2006 told me, it`s a Celebrity CSE44 Flame-8TY - and finally ended up here.....
.... where I meanwhile read reams of posts of a lot of likable, capable, nice people and learned to be set on fire and GAS!
So in the end your expertise and helpful information is to blame, that barely 2 years later my herd contains one super beauty Korean Celebrity, 21 US-Ovation and five Adamas guitars - and I love them all.
As well as all of your appreciated expertise that gave me the chance to learn a lot about that great OV items.
Would be lucky if you let me in....
All the best, especially health for you and your family,
yours Dirty Harry

Btw
I surely accept your Terms of Use as well as the OFC Manifesto
.... and I`m taking guitar lessons the first time in my life (since 2 months) to get over that poor cowboy chords .... :-)

Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2022-03-30 5:07 PM (#557222 - in reply to #557050)
Subject: Re: My way to fight Covid.....

hey Miles can you get this member into the forums???
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2022-03-30 7:22 PM (#557223 - in reply to #557050)

He's already in !!! You're free to post in the general forum area... and Welcome.
Dirty Harry
Posted 2022-04-09 4:12 PM (#557269 - in reply to #557050)

Thanks a lot guys,
glad and lucky being received in that awesome community!
Harald