iBreadwinner Not working -SOLVED
O-man
Posted 2019-11-29 8:20 PM (#550610)
Subject: iBreadwinner Not working -SOLVED

1970's Breadwinner failed to play after long storage and replacement of dead batteries. Ultimately, I de-strung it and removed the electronics and pick guard assembly as a unit. I attached fresh batteries and jumped the circuit board ground wire to the negative side of an exposed guitar cord connected to an amp, this to test for sound. During examination, I pinch squeezed the circuit board and pick guard at the double potentiometer tone control. This activated the pickups, as long as it was pressed. I decided to service the potentiometer for volume and tone in the following manner. I applied a few drops of CAIG Deoxit D100 red liquid into each pot.Each was worked vigorously to spread the chemical within. Next, I used a couple of short sprays of CAIG fader lube, again, vigorously working the knobs. Immediately, the pickups became active, as determined by tapping them with the screwdriver I used on the pickguard screws during removal. I reassembled everything, placing additional double stick tape between the foil shielding and guitar body so it would not get pushed down when I set the circuit board back into the cavity. Additionally, I noticed the dampening foam in the recessed bridge tailpiece cavity was rotted. I replaced it with some cut to size foam pipe insulation material, think swimming pool noodle. To my relief, when all was assembled, strung and plugged in, the guitar worked flawlessly. I played it over an hour just for the sheer joy of fixing what could have been a lost cause. In conclusion, should you find your guitar has a similar fault of not playing after long storage, try my method.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2019-11-30 4:16 PM (#550612 - in reply to #550610)
Subject: Re: iBreadwinner Not working -SOLVED

fantastic!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page