Ovation Repair Center Location.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2019-11-08 5:58 PM (#550411)
Subject: Ovation Repair Center Location.

Hey guys has anyone sent a guitar in for work at the new mini-mothership in CT and did you run into any problems getting to go to the right address.
I shipped a guitar a couple weeks ago via USPS,the address I got from ovation customer service was in Pine Meadow ,CT but the postal service in there typical inability to do things right first sent it to pine meadow and then to a New Hartford post office where they say someone from ovation needs to come pick it up so now I'm in limbo.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
iglupickin
Posted 2019-11-27 8:52 AM (#550575 - in reply to #550411)
Subject: Re: Ovation Repair Center Location.

I haven't been to the New Hartford factory since the Fender, DM, takeover. Are they still in the same building? The Ovation Fan Club gatherings they held annually before everything changed was awesome! Jol Dantzig Production Mgr (now writes a column for Premier Guitar Magazine) gave us the tour including the Hamer guitar area and it was such a cool time to see all these products built.
alpep
Posted 2019-11-27 9:53 AM (#550576 - in reply to #550411)

call the number and tell them to pick it up in new hartford. as I understand it is just down the road
Standingovation
Posted 2019-11-27 9:28 PM (#550588 - in reply to #550411)

I shipped a guitar to the new repair shop in Pine Meadow via FedEx with no issues.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2019-11-27 9:44 PM (#550590 - in reply to #550576)

alpep - 2019-11-27 9:53 AM

call the number and tell them to pick it up in new hartford. as I understand it is just down the road

I have emailed Ovation customer service and the USPS,Ovation did go and pick up the guitar and the post office is being there usual brainless government organization saying Ovations mailing address is a PO Box in New Hartford and something about Pine Meadow not getting deliveries of large boxes

For what its worth I would not ship USPS but go with UPS or Fedex they seem to be able to find an address better than out inept government service
DanSavage
Posted 2019-11-28 12:18 AM (#550591 - in reply to #550590)

2wheeldrummer - 2019-11-27 7:44 PM

alpep - 2019-11-27 9:53 AM

I have emailed Ovation customer service and the USPS,Ovation did go and pick up the guitar and the post office is being there usual brainless government organization saying Ovations mailing address is a PO Box in New Hartford and something about Pine Meadow not getting deliveries of large boxes

For what its worth I would not ship USPS but go with UPS or Fedex they seem to be able to find an address better than out inept government service

FWIW, I've shipped almost 20 guitars using USPS Priority Mail exclusively without any problems at all.

When I had my model airplane business I used USPS to ship all over the world including USA, Europe, Japan, and South America. The only problem I've ever had was a kit I sent to France. Their postal service lost the box, but eventually found it and delivered it. I'm talking about almost 200 model airplane kits.

One of the reasons I believe for my success in shipping guitars via USPS is that I always ship it using the fastest service available, which is either USPS Priority Express (2-day) or USPS Priority (3-day). I figure the shorter amount of time it's in their hands, the better. It's expensive, but peace of mind doesn't always come cheap. Even so, as expensive as it is, OOPS and FedEx still cost more.

Depending on the destination Priority Express will sometimes offer a money-back guarantee. If it isn't delivered by the specified time, you get a 100% refund on shipping costs. They're the only shippers to offer this. I was able to take advantage of this when I bought my Book Elite from Patch. USPS delivered it in 3 days instead of the promised 2 days and I got my shipping costs back.
hwebster
Posted 2019-11-28 7:54 AM (#550596 - in reply to #550411)

I shipped a guitar to the new repair shop in Pine Meadow via UPS with no issues.
Address:
8 Wickett St
Pine Meadow, CT 06061

Edited by hwebster 2019-11-28 8:03 AM
elginacres
Posted 2019-11-28 1:14 PM (#550601 - in reply to #550411)

I have used USPS - FEDEX and UPS to the new location...nary an issue.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2019-11-28 10:20 PM (#550607 - in reply to #550601)

elginacres - 2019-11-28 1:14 PM

I have used USPS - FEDEX and UPS to the new location...nary an issue.

May I ask why you used 3 different services and did you track the package shipped via USPS?

A quote from Ovation customer service

Hey Kevin,

For some reason since the new shop location is in a warehouse space area that houses several different businesses, they won’t deliver the larger packages. Darren usually goes about once a week to pick up mail & packages.

So our guitars are getting to Ovation but USPS is dropping the ball on the final part of shipment.

elginacres
Posted 2019-11-28 11:50 PM (#550608 - in reply to #550411)

Fair Question - For UPS - I had a prepaid repair authorization label, For USPS, for a few guitars (slightly shorter) there is a box that just fits under their measurement thresholds, and their Priority Mail can run 20 bucks cheaper depending on the destination. For others - a little longer cases - I use FEDEX Ground - they have a guitar box that works pretty well. Truth be known - I have no allegiances - and compared to some of the horror stories I have read - I have always had good experiences with each carrier.

When I was younger - sometimes I would put it on a greyhound - or in the belly of a delta airlines plane.