A tale of two tuners-thanks Ron
drbracken
Posted 2007-10-21 10:46 AM (#77601)
Subject: A tale of two tuners-thanks Ron

Greetings all! About 6 weeks ago I bought an Ovation celebrity on the internet. It arrived a bit rougher than advertised but the only real problem was that the D machine head was broken. A trip to the local dealer wasn't that helpful in terms of sourcing an exact replacement and I thought I was going to have to swap a different set in and maybe drill some holes. I posted on the forum and several people replied to inform me that Pings were a direct drop in and one person even included a link to an ebay auction that had a gold set for sale. Well I bid on these and won them and installed them all for less than 20 dollars including the shipping. I did prefer the originals with the Ovation logo but otherwise the Pings were identical. So far pretty good right?

Well it gets better, about two days after I got the Pings I got an email from Ron Shaughnessy with B&J Music Ltd./Kaman Music. He offered to send me out a replacement tuner at no charge and actually sent two out a left and a right, so out went the Pings and in went the Ovation tuners, which are really identical to the Pings except they say Ovation on them!

I wanted to express my thanks to Ron and to all the members who answered my post. I play that Ovation every day and every time I pick it up my faith in human nature is reaffirmed. There are lots of great people on this forum who are willing to help out

Thanks again

John

P.S. The pings found a new home on another guitar
Top of the page Bottom of the page