1990 Ovation Elite for Sale.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-24 5:11 PM (#524808)
Subject: 1990 Ovation Elite for Sale.

Hi, Everyone,
I'm taking the pliunge and putting my vintage 1990 Ovation Elite 1768-4 Deep Bowl Cutaway, w/OHSC, up for sale. The OHSC is showing its age, but it has protected the guitar very well, as it should. (Mean ol' me, I like my case candy, so I'm keepin' that. It will be a challenge getting the case key off my key ring, though!) This guitar has been recently appraised at more than $850.00 CAN. I'm posting it on social media here in CANADA also. I'm not sure what a good American asking price would be, because this is a work in progress, and I don't have a digital camera to show any photos, as of yet. OMA has given me some very helpful suggestions on that. The OFC family always supports one another, which is way cool in my book. I've never posted anyting for sale until now, so please bear in mind, I'm a newbie at this.
The guitar specs are on the Ovation website in the Archive section, obviously, but I'll mention some other details here.
1. It has a brown bowl, which I personally prefer, but might not appeal to some people.
2. I had an older style TRC put on it, just for decoration.
3. I had 1, (and only 1), saddle shim taken out, so the action is just slightly lower than factory setting.
4. The indiviual piezo saddles have been filed down. I don't know what my guitar tech was thinking at the time?! I found a new guitar tech after that.
5. There are 2 small finish cracks, and a bit of a bubble behind the brigde, but these cannot be seen by the naked eye. (They probabably won't be seen at all when you cover up your naked eye?!)
6. The top has aged very well, so it looks really good!
7. THE SOUND IS KILLER! I LIKE IT!
I hope this gets a reponse on OFC at some point. There are 2 possible buyers here in the Ottawa area already, but I'm not really savvy with the social media stuff. Am I doing this right so far?
Mike S.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
nerdydave
Posted 2016-04-24 10:07 PM (#524810 - in reply to #524808)
Subject: Re: 1990 Ovation Elite for Sale.

Gotta have a price and see pics.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-24 11:26 PM (#524811 - in reply to #524808)

Hi, nerdydave,
The price is as appraised, at $850.00 CAN. I'm not sure about the American price, so I'm open to any OFC suggestions. The pics are coming, at some point, in the not-too-distant fututure, as I don't have access to a digital camera.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON., CANADA

Edited by Mike S. 2016-04-24 11:32 PM
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2016-04-25 12:26 AM (#524812 - in reply to #524808)

$850 Canada = $670 USA
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from=CAD&to=USD&amount=850

But you still need photos.
Got a camera on your laptop? Make a YT video.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-25 2:32 PM (#524829 - in reply to #524812)

Hi, OMA,
Thank you for the information, and the suggestion. I DO, I DO have a camera on my laptop! The video thing just might work, but, knowing me, it won't be pretty. Is the American price fair, or should I lower it at some point? I am still trying to sell this guitar in CANADA first, naturally. I'm hoping to have pics up by this weekend.
Thanks again,
Mike S.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2016-04-25 3:17 PM (#524831 - in reply to #524808)

Don't ask me about prices, I am a bottom-feeder. And of course, we still need to see photos.

If you want to save some money on shipping to the USA you could drive to Ogdensburg, NY. I bet that that have a Shipping spot there. UPS, USPS, FedEx.
Bring your own box, and you probably don't have to declare anything.
I know of another Canadian OFC'r who shipped through North Dakota, both ways.
Avoids those pesky customs delays.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2016-04-25 7:18 PM (#524841 - in reply to #524829)

Mike S. - 2016-04-25 2:32 PM
Is the American price fair, or should I lower it at some point? I am still trying to sell this guitar in CANADA first, naturally. I'm hoping to have pics up by this weekend.
Thanks again,
Mike S.

Whats fair is subjective,what your willing to take vs what someone is willing to pay?
Deepbowl elites are great guitars so if your not in a hurry wait to get what you think its worth.
FYI the better the pics the more attention it will get IMHO.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-26 12:33 PM (#524863 - in reply to #524808)

Hi, Everyone,
No, I'm not in any real hurry to sell it. I do have a couple of possible buyers right here in Ottawa. It just got posted for sale on our local social media here today, so we shall see what happens. I'm still having problems dowloading pics for it here, too? I don't know why. I'll figure it out.
Mike S.

Edited by Mike S. 2016-04-26 12:36 PM
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2016-04-26 6:34 PM (#524876 - in reply to #524808)

There's a limit to the size you can upload,1K I believe so that might be your problem,check your pics and try resizing maybe?
Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-26 10:27 PM (#524882 - in reply to #524808)

Hi, 2wheeldrummer,
Thank you for the information. I'l try that and see. My laptop / browser is a real dinosaur, would you believe... Windows Vista Home Premium , so that's part of the problem, too, I think? I actually did get a phone call here in Ottawa about the guitar today, even without the pics, so stranger things have happened." All good things come to those who wait."
Mike S.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2016-04-26 10:35 PM (#524883 - in reply to #524808)

Hey now... My other Laptop has Vista, as does my backup desktop "tower"...
The Laptop that I am typing-on right now is Windows 7.
New isn't always "better".

You could post a link to that "local social media" listing.

Edited by Old Man Arthur 2016-04-26 10:36 PM
nerdydave
Posted 2016-04-27 1:19 AM (#524888 - in reply to #524808)

But ya might as well try ta keep up with what is newer and "better"? Just gotta see where the human race is going (and it is not always in a good direction). But knowledge is power so ya might as well empower yourself?? Just a thought.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-27 4:09 PM (#524909 - in reply to #524883)

Hi, OMA,
Hey now, I'm NOT dissin' your stuff at all. Yours is working fine for you, which is great. Mine is not, and both me, and my sister with the digital camera don't know why? Bummer. So I 'll have to talk to my neice this weekend, and see if we can, "UNDO" whatever she did, so that I can finally get some pics up. As per your request, (which silly me totally forgot about, like, DUH!), here is the link to my ad:

http://www.kijiji.ca/h-ottawa/17
Ad ID 1159676523

Meanwhile, I shall try to figure the logistics for working with the webcam on this machine. I don't have too much space here in my office, and the webcam is just showing everything over my left shoulder? It's weirding me out, but I'll think of something. I shall have to be resourseful. Thanks again for all your help thus far.
Mike S.

Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-27 4:50 PM (#524911 - in reply to #524888)

Hi, nerdydave,
As one nerd to another, you are dealing with a guy who literally, along with several others, invented new stuff here in CANADA, with a company called The Neil Squire Foundation, based in Richmond,B.C. I worked with their regional office in Ottawa, to do R&D, which helped invent Dragon Talk Technology for Windows 95, yes, back in 1995, along with ergonomic keybords, mice, etc, because we were, and still are, building new technologies for people with disabilities, like... Stephen Hawking! He still uses the old stuff we first developed, and never changed it, and I don't know why. Yes, I do keep up with change, to a certain extent. That's why I started play Ovation guitars back in 1969. They were new/different, and hey, I thought I was a Canadian version of Glen Campell? Yikes! In 1978, flat back guitars were no longer working for me, because I had open heart surgery. When I played Ovations again, that was it, problem solved. I just recently bought a wireless trackball for my old laptop, and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner! So I'm a mixture of the old, and the new. "New isn't always better." Sometimes, yes, sometimes, no. Me, I like having choices. How's by you?
Mike S.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2016-04-27 5:00 PM (#524912 - in reply to #524911)

Mike S. - 2016-04-27 2:50 PM

...we were, and still are, building new technologies for people with disabilities, like... Stephen Hawking!
He still uses the old stuff we first developed, and never changed it, and I don't know why.

Because he LIKES it.
He could get a more human-sounding voice synthesizer, but people recognize the voice of the machine that he has been using for decades.
That is HIS voice now.
d'ovation
Posted 2016-04-27 5:03 PM (#524913 - in reply to #524808)

Hi Mike, maybe it's time to give the old laptop the heave-ho rather than waste time struggling with it, life is to short to waste time on outdated technology. There are little lightweight machines out there running fast with SSD and Windows 10 that also have nice built in cameras. I just picked up an Acer branded one for US$ 220 at US Costco online. London Drugs has some nice looking ones for around Can$330. So it's not a big expense and you won't look back.

Edited by d'ovation 2016-04-27 5:08 PM
Mike S.
Posted 2016-04-28 2:30 AM (#524927 - in reply to #524913)

Hi,d'ovation,
Thank you for the information. I can literally ride on my scooter to STAPLES here, and maybe pick up a re-furbished Acer, or HP, and even Shoppers Drug Mart? is selling laptops now, so I have lots of choices. What I don't have is lots of loonies, and that's part of the reason I'm selling the Elite. I was really hoping to sell it, so that I eventually could buy a 1993 Ovation Collectors, that is now up for sale, right here in Ottawa, and the jury is still out on that guitar. It's become a waiting game. I'm also hoping the other guy blinks first.
MIke S.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-07 6:02 PM (#525061 - in reply to #524810)

Hi, nerdydave,
I just posted NEW PHOTOS of my guitar in the ALBUMS section! "Beauty, eh!?"
Mike S.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-07 8:35 PM (#525063 - in reply to #524883)

Hi, OMA,
I have an updated link to my guitar that is for sale, because I just today posted NEW PHOTOS of it on both the Kijiji/Ottawa site, and right here on OFC in the ALBUM section. The Canadian link is a big long thingy, so I opted for an album of my pics here as well. Arthur, your 1537 is THE BOMB!, now that it's back from The MotherShip, I must say! I must say also that I do not drive a car, and Massena, Potsdam, N.Y., are about 3 hours from Ottawa, as the crow flies, so any 'Muricans' that do cross the border have lot of driving to do from Montana; and they best not have any stuff hidden in their guitar cases like a Herco GuardFather, because mine was mistaken for a chunk of heroin at one time?! Yikes! Anyhow, the Ottawa posting will problably get more interest, but then again maybe not, because, "people here don't like Ovations." Al had it pegged right all along!
Mike S.
nerdydave
Posted 2016-05-07 8:53 PM (#525065 - in reply to #524808)

Hi Mike
Glad to hear that you are not a total luddite and that you have flirted with the outermost fringes of technology at points in the past. Best of luck with the guitar sale and with your continuing technological evolution! But what does open heart surgery have to do with not being able to use flat back guitars? Unless you are playing without a shirt and the staples are still in??
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-07 8:59 PM (#525066 - in reply to #524913)

Hi, d'ovation,
Thank you for the advice about the computers. Suprisingly, just switching to a new browser, Chromium, was a big help, so I've used it to finally post my guitar photos right here, in the OFC ALBUM section. Unfortunately, as of now, I can't go looking for anything new, because my scooters' battery failed last night! I'm stuck here inside until next Monday morning, when the scooter technicians become available. I could order something from HP by phone, and have it delivered, as a last resort, but we are not there just yet. Did you ever sell your Adamas?
Mike S.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2016-05-07 9:13 PM (#525067 - in reply to #524808)

Whole album HERE
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-08 12:24 AM (#525068 - in reply to #525065)

Hi, nerdydave,
In answer to your questions, "Pretty much everything!" Because my open-heart surgery was 40 years ago, c. 1977, when they were still using a "rib-spreader". My 3rd rib from the top never fused right so, it just became a huge calcium deposit, like a 2nd Adams' Apple, right at the very top of my sternum. I'm, "phyically challenged", and I can only play guitar sitting down, so any flat back guitar I was using then, like my uncles' Gibson, or my teachers' Martin, was hitting this piece of bone all the time, and just sheer torture to play. Punch your hard and shiny coffee table a few times, and you'll get where I'm going with this. "Now, how's that workin' for ya?" Get it? Got it? Good. Like I said, when I played Ovations again, problem solved, and I never looked back. BTW, if you must know, yes, the staples are still in there, because they are basically what keeps my act together, so to speak. I'm a heavy metal kinda guy in more ways than one. Going through airport security is unbelievable. Playing without a shirt?? Are you kidding me? Seriously? C'mon, man! Do you really want to got here?! If so, you can go by yourself, because I'M NOT going there. EVER. I'm done now.
Mike S.

Love O Fair
Posted 2016-05-08 5:39 AM (#525070 - in reply to #524808)

@Mike S-- >>>My 3rd rib from the top never fused right so, it just became a huge calcium deposit<<<

Yep.. all have our own, personal reasons for owning and playing Ovation guitars. Personally, I think the core "Ovation philosophy" is one of the best parts of us since our nexus has elements that often stand quite widely apart (though sometimes obtuse) from all the others..and, through it all, we still sound good. Excellent, actually. Anyway, I must say that yours is one of the more uniquely defined reasons I've ever come across. Makes perfect sense though.
Nancy
Posted 2016-05-08 9:52 AM (#525072 - in reply to #525068)

Mike S. - 2016-05-08 12:24 AM

Hi, nerdydave,
In answer to your questions, "Pretty much everything!" Because my open-heart surgery was 40 years ago, c. 1977, when they were still using a "rib-spreader". My 3rd rib from the top never fused right so, it just became a huge calcium deposit, like a 2nd Adams' Apple, right at the very top of my sternum. I'm, "phyically challenged", and I can only play guitar sitting down, so any flat back guitar I was using then, like my uncles' Gibson, or my teachers' Martin, was hitting this piece of bone all the time, and just sheer torture to play.

Hi Mike!

I think NerdyDave asks you out of genuine concern, he works in the medical field, and was truly interested. I myself cannot play a flat back guitar because of a botched mastectomy, and the flat backs are very painful, so I completely understand also! And No, I won't take my shirt off either! (not a pretty sight! LOL!! )
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-08 8:59 PM (#525077 - in reply to #525072)

Hi, Nancy,
Thank you so much for your kind reply, and information. I'm replying to nerdydave, and Love O'Fair , and everybody on OFC. Please accept my apolgy for my rant. I am profoundly sorry, and it won't happen again.
Mike S.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-08 9:34 PM (#525078 - in reply to #525065)

Hi, NerdyDave,
The surgery in 1977 was more or less a "tipping point" for me deciding to move to Ovation guitars. I had actually played them as early as 1969, and yes, I always wanted one, but they were very expensive, and very scarce in Canada, at that particular point in time. Much to my surprise, even the, "new" 2005 Collectors w/ Contour Bowl presented the same problems as a flat back guitar for me, again simply from where everything was located while I was/am sitting down to play. Who knew? The 2nd generation mid-depth bowl cutaway remains my favourite Ovation guitar, but alas, I do not have one.
Mike S.
nerdydave
Posted 2016-05-08 9:42 PM (#525079 - in reply to #524808)

Hey Mike no harm done and no affront taken here. And your answer about the calcium deposits certainly was interesting and answered my questions. Us Ovation folks gotta stick together and give each other the benefit of the doubt when appropriate. That part about playing without a shirt was about having skin staples in and scratching up the back of a woodbox (guess it wasn't very clear or very funny). Anyway thanks for replying and best of luck. And thanks to Nancy -- blessed are the peacemakers!
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-08 11:30 PM (#525080 - in reply to #525079)

Hi, nerdy dave,
Thank you for replying, too, and, yes, the OFC community certainly does stick up for each other. The people here at OFC keep me honest, and yes, I must admit that I do need a kick in my blessed assurance from time to time. Again, Thank You, Nancy! Blessed are the peacemakers. So true.
Mike S.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-09 12:18 AM (#525081 - in reply to #525070)

Hi, Love O' Fair,
As I told nerdydave in an earler post, the surgery was not the only reason I play Ovation guitars. I had always wanted one since 1969; when I saw first Glen Campbell on the cover of Guitar Player Magazine#2, in my high school library. The librarian was my English teacher, and he gave me the magazine! My first reaction, was, "What the heck is GC playing!?", and my 2nd one was, "Where do I get one?" Imagine my surprise when my brother's best friend brings his radical new 1969 Ovation Standard Balladeer to said high school for jazz band the next semester, and stays at our home with it for 10 days during his summer vacation? I got to play it, wih his pemission, of course. Envy, anyone? And did I mention the "Male teenager tries to impress female teenager." part? Massive fail. Muscle cars trump,"funny looking", guitars in 1969, for sure, ladies and gentlemen.
Mike S.
Love O Fair
Posted 2016-05-09 7:10 AM (#525084 - in reply to #524808)

@Mike S-- >>> Muscle cars trump,"funny looking", guitars<<<

It was Campbell who lit the Ovation fire under me, too.. and you're probably right about the 1969 teenage girl impression part since it took a red Strat and a loud amp to get her attention back then.. lol. But in the long run I didn't get a street muscle car until the 80's. A pretty little white 1968 Camaro big block which I loved to pieces and named "Snowball". It was in that very same car that I once brought home a brand-spankin' new Ovation which I also loved to pieces. With age comes wisdom and a passive interest in teenage girls, so guess which one of the two I still have. The answer is wisdom, since teenage girls can get you into serious legal trouble. Oh, and I still have the Ovation, too.
nerdydave
Posted 2016-05-09 10:51 PM (#525100 - in reply to #524808)

I think GC turned a lot of us on to Ovations!!
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-14 1:08 AM (#525251 - in reply to #525084)

Hey, Love O'Fair,
The price has come down on my 1990 Ovation Elite to $800.00 CAN., or about $618.00 USD. It's not moving at all here. HELP! This is off topic, and sadly, no, I did not drive muscle cars, but I did get to ride in 2 of them, with different ladies, and 1 with my uncle. My neighbour, and his wife, owned a 1964-and1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible!!! It was Serial #2, and the only one in CANADA at the time, because some guy at Ford, named Lee Ioccoca, actually invented The Ford Mustang, eh, and so he got No.1. My neighbour gave the No.2 to his wife, for a 10th wedding aniversary gift! Go figure. His wife, and my oldest sister, were in the same nutrishionist classes at the local agriculutural college. They came to visit us in this car, and next thing I know, I'm riding in it! WOW! Pretty heady stuff for a 9-year old kid, I must say. A few years later, my youngest uncle got himself a 1966 Ford Thunderbird V-8, 450 cc., with 5-speed push-button gears. Top speed, 140 mph. Out-did the 'General Lee', I do believe, but he never went through the air with it. He saved that stuff for his Jeep? In my last year of high school, c.1973, I went for a ride with my brother's girlfriend, in her MGB-3 convertible, British Racing Green, and all. Top down, anyone? Any suggestions about the sale of my guitar?
Mike S.

Edited by Mike S. 2016-05-14 1:29 AM
Love O Fair
Posted 2016-05-15 2:53 PM (#525275 - in reply to #524808)

Hi there, Mike..

Cool story on the Mustang. That was definitely a rare one. Any idea where it is today?? I got to know the older ones well as I dealt in them during the late 70's and early 80's when they were just beginning to pick up collector popularity, scavenging them from around the western USA and selling in California. I moved maybe 30-40 of them, but don't recall anything I ever bought or sold as being of any highly special edition vintage per se.. mostly just common OEM stuff to buy and turn quickly. I also came from a racing family, but we didn't race stock-bodied cars (we had dragsters), so I bought my Camaro simply on a lark for the craving of some fun street amusement (I put a 454 in it). Loved it dearly.. but only had it for a year or so before I sent it on its way so that it ultimately wouldn't do the same to me on some back vineyard road since I drove it like a 20-something lunatic (you're welcome, Mom). But back to Mustangs.. did you see Elginarces' 64.5 rag in his recent posts here on OFC?? Very, very nice.. especially considering what is sitting in the front seats. Here is the URL/link to the post in case you missed it.
http://www.ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=46...

As for selling your '90 Elite.. where all have you advertised it? If the OFC is the only place, then it has probably seen its prospects by now. Sounds like it's time for Ebay, Craigslist, Reverb, etc, etc. Wishing you the best in a good sale!

~LOF~

Edited by Love O Fair 2016-05-15 2:56 PM
Mike S.
Posted 2016-05-15 7:17 PM (#525278 - in reply to #525275)

Hi, LOF,
Unfortunately for me, the aforementioned Mustang, and the very kind couple who let me ride in it, all went back to their native country, which was then Czechoslovakia, a short me later. He had once mentioned to my Mom that they did not like the winter in Canada. I was crushed, naturally, but the owner later mailed me his PhD. university paper on 'SLAVIC LANGUAGE ORIGINS', as "a going-away", present. Yes, I did read it, but it never made up for the loss I felt. I still do have cool story, though, eh? Like Patch, I'm diggin' that Folklore. "I GOTTA GETME WONNATHOZE!" I'm already posting my guitar for sale on another site here in Ottawa. I can also do Ebay CANADA, and REVERB.com, but Craiglist is BANNED here. Ooopsie.
Mike S.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-07-03 11:22 PM (#526462 - in reply to #524808)

Hi, Everyone,
The other guy with the 1993 Collectors here in Ottawa just blinked before I did, and his price has bottomed out. So, I too, am going to "jump the shark" also, and give my American friends at OFC a 4th of July 2016 special, by now offering my 1990 Ovation Elite at the unheard of price of $650.00 CAN, which is get this:- $504.18 USD. If the Kijiji ad from CANADA shows up on a banner here, the $800.00 CAN price is out of date. Yes, I'm still interested in The 1993 Collectors,(want) but I NEED! a new A/C. There's always somethin'. Like I said before, I have to move my guitar to get his, but he told me this past April 2016 that he would NOT take a trade, because "People here just don't want Ovation guitars." WHY?
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA

Edited by Mike S. 2016-07-03 11:26 PM
Mike S.
Posted 2016-07-15 1:41 PM (#526671 - in reply to #524808)
Subject: Re: 1990 Ovation Elite for Sale.Update/questions?

Hi, Everyone,
My 1990 Ovation Elite is NOT moving at all. Yikes! I may have to sacrifice it a $500.00 CAN. I hope not. The 1993 Ovation Collectors is still for sale here, but the ad seems have disappeared from KIJIJI-CANADA/Ottawa/Gatineau. The owner says the ad is still up, so it must be my ancient browser that keeps me from seeing it? The owner will now go as low as $600.00 CAN, but only for me, on a private deal. Otherwise, he keeps the guitar, and takes it off the market, before the summer is out. I don't want to lowball the man, because I don't work that way. Is $625.00 CAN a fair price? If I wait too long, this guitar could be gone. I just bought a new A/C, so again, it's a waiting game, as in wait for the bill for the A/c to show up, and see if if this guitar buy is going to work? We both have dropped our prices on each of our respective Ovation guitars, get this,... 4 times in the last 4 months here!? I'm at a loss, literally, and figuratively, as to why this happening. I know, "Ovation guitars don't get the respect they deserve.", but this is something I did NOT see coming. Any feedback/ advice from the OFC community would be much appreciated at this point, as I'm also very tempted to just keep my guitar. What would OFCers do? Thanks.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA

Edited by Mike S. 2016-07-15 1:45 PM
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2016-07-15 4:25 PM (#526675 - in reply to #524808)

Mike, It is not just YOUR guitar.
I go to eBay and do my search of Ovation guitars...
If I click Completed Listings, Most have NOT SOLD... HERE
And the ones that did sell sold for pretty low prices.
The Buy-It-Now listings usually have accepted a lower offer.
It is just the way of the Guitar-selling world.
The economy sucks, there is a Glut in the market...
And people come to eBay or Kijiji expecting to not pay much for anything.
You just need Patience.

Meanwhile... This is like $505 US plus Shipping.

ALBUM
So, if everybody passes on this...
Don't anybody bitch that they cannot find a good O at a good price.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-07-16 1:26 PM (#526680 - in reply to #526675)

Hi, OMA.
Thank you for the kind encouragement. Patience I have in spades. I have been through at least 10 major surgeries, from the time I was a wee lad. I stopped counting after 10. I started teaching guitar at 16, while still in high school. Teaching requires patience, or so I've been told. So, yes, Arthur, I do have a lot of patience. The fellow with the 1993 Ovation Collectors Series guitar here in Ottawa,..? "We're not sure." I re-posted my ad on Kijiji, as I said, and just re-posted it again on a site called, "Used Everywhere.com/Ottawa". I have to edit it, and put a new price drop on it,( I think?);-but, lo and behold, yes, there is some light at the end of the tunnel, with 2 possible private sales, through people in my church. I've dealt with these particular individuals before, so they won't jerk my chain. "Patience is a virtue." "Love is patient." Some people are not, though, eh?
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA.

Edited by Mike S. 2016-07-16 1:28 PM
Mike S.
Posted 2016-09-13 4:09 PM (#528787 - in reply to #524808)

Hi, Everyone,
The 1990 Ovation Elite 1768-4, on Kijiji-Ottawa/Used Ottawa.com has been SOLD!! The 1993 Ovation Collectors Series guitar for sale here in Ottawa is still available. More to follow. Should I close this thread now, and if so, how do I do that? What about my album/photos?
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA.
Nancy
Posted 2016-09-13 4:19 PM (#528788 - in reply to #528787)

Congratulations Mike S!!!!

Now you can use the money for a heater, instead of an A/C! Fall is coming FAST this year!
Good Luck on the 1993 Sale!!
Mike S.
Posted 2016-09-13 6:02 PM (#528790 - in reply to #528788)

Hi, Nancy,
Thank you for the kind reply. Don't worry, Nancy, I actually do have electric heat/baseboard heaters here in my apartment already. Our Canadian Liberal Provincial Government (who would be something like your own Democrats in the USA?) gave us a small rebate for heat/hydro rates in the upcoming winter yesterday, and the operative word is "SMALL". Yes, I am still definitely thinking of buying the 1993 Ovation Collectors guitar. I have to try it out. If I don't like it, (yeah, right, as if, eh?), I'm buying myself a new a power recliner, because I NEED IT, according to my doctor. Will all the OFC members kill me dead, if I: a) go into Ovation with drawl for a period of time, or, b) go without any Ovation? I have never been without an Ovation guitar for as long as I can remember. It's a weird feeling, for sure. "More to follow."
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2016-09-13 7:25 PM (#528796 - in reply to #524808)

Good luck on acquiring your collectors model,as long as you love ovations you deserve to be a member of the fan club,to bad you live in another country I could let you borrow one of my un-played ones to keep you from going into withdrawal
nerdydave
Posted 2016-09-13 7:37 PM (#528797 - in reply to #524808)

Failing that life in the recliner will definitely have its ups and downs!

Mike S.
Posted 2016-09-14 11:59 PM (#528810 - in reply to #528797)

Hi, Everyone,
I'm supposed to be trying out the 1993 Collectors that is still available here in Ottawa sometime this coming weekend? It's now going for a bargain basement price, as I worked out a deal with the current owner/seller. Would you believe...$500.00 CAN? Beauty, eh? I'm also Jonesin' for a new power recliner that I can sleep in, actually. Ovation withdrawl has been temporarily replaced/relieved by the WCOH.(World Cup of Hockey). I did say temporarily, and yes, I AM CANADIAN.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA

Edited by Mike S. 2016-09-15 12:01 AM
Mike S.
Posted 2016-09-18 12:19 AM (#528871 - in reply to #524808)

Hello, Everyone,
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! NOW HEAR THIS! ANOUNCEMENT! ANOUNCEMENT! Guess what I have at my apartment NOW? A 1993 OVATION COLLECTORS SERIES GUITAR!! HALLELUJAH,THANK YOU JESUS, YAY, and, WOOHOO! All at the same time!!! We finally made the deal( $500.00 CAN, w/OHSC,)( Credit is fine, but CASH IS KING, and the only thing allowed on Kijiji-CANADA), just around the supper hour here in Ottawa, ON. CANADA, and could you tell that I'm excited by somethin' other than a pretty lady, and hockey, eh? The previous owner/ seller was almost in tears having to part with it, but we'd been working on this transaction for about a year, on and off. THE GUITAR IS IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE, BUT THE SOUND, AND THE COMFORT/PLAYABILITY ARE SO GREAT FOR ME. IT IS A MID-DEPTH BOWL,( the depth same as a Glen Campbell Artist, I think?), NON-CONTOUR, SO I'M VERY HAPPY. The pop-up battery box was/is another great feature. I was thrown for a second,(but only a second, my fellow OFCers), by the older style satin neck finish, but I'll get used to it, because my other guitar necks were/are gloss finishes. I'll get my guitar tech to tweak the neck and saddle just a wee bit. The black case is a somewhat beat up, bubbling on the top, and the pocket lid is broken, so I may try to get that repaired here. It also doesn't have a case key. The previous owner may still have it? I'll find out. Failing that, I may have to ask ALPEP for a replacement hard shell case, if they are still available. The pocket contained an owners manual, and a very unusually curved truss rod wrench, which I've never seen before, and may be unique to this particular guitar? It could also be Captain Hook's dress model? YIKES! But I digress. Would it be sacrilege to put my Glen Campbell Signature TRC on the head stock? Hey, OMA, thank you very much for all the advice on this, too. You were/are so right. Patience does indeed pay off. Can any OFC people LMK what else can be done in regards to my new/older guitar. Do I need to post pics, or just close this thread, or what, now?
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA
leonardmccoy
Posted 2016-09-19 12:07 PM (#528891 - in reply to #524808)

You can't close a thread without posting pics, I believe that was the rule...
Mike S.
Posted 2016-09-22 2:08 AM (#528952 - in reply to #528891)

Hi, leonardmcoy,
Thank you for reminding me. I'm not sure if my fellow OFC members really want to see pics of a beat up 1993 OHSC, but I'll contact someone I know here in Ottawa to do the pics of my guitar. He did bang up job on 1990 Elite I sold, already, for sure. I only hope my ancient laptop doesn't crash/die before I get them posted.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA.
Mike S.
Posted 2016-10-14 6:11 PM (#529319 - in reply to #524808)

Hello, Everyone,
My Ovation NOS 9158-0 HSC, w/my 1993 Collector Series inside, of course, just went out the door, in the hands of my guitar tech, who delivered it with shipping stuff still on it, BTW. Holy plastic wrap, Batman, there sure was a lot it, eh? "SHINY!" The case is great, and my guitar tech thought the 1993 was my 1990 Elite when he first saw it? And, as I was moving some accessories out of one case to the new one, I noticed the TRC from my HOFNER-Clone Bass was missing? How did that happen? I asked my guitar tech about it. He said, "Yeah, it's at my house!" I also asked him about the strange truss rod wrench, and he said, "It's NOT for an Ovation. It's for a Larrivee, or a Morgan( Creeek)." I showed him the one that I got from The Ovation Factory, way back when, and he said, "That's the right one" He also said the neck will need a bit of adjusting, and he will take the shim out, if there is one, and put the the GC Signature TRC on the head stock. So, when the 1993 comes back, in about a week, I have get new pics up, and close this thread? "Oh, just one more thing.."(Columbo) Where do old Ovation cases go to die? Recyle? Landfill? Anyone?
Mike S.
Posted 2016-11-27 2:26 PM (#530919 - in reply to #524808)

Hi, Everyone,
The 1990 1768-4 Elite Dep Bowl Cutaway, w/OHSC, has been SOLD on Kijiji-Ottawa.ca since September 9th, 2016. How do I close this thread?
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA.
nerdydave
Posted 2016-11-30 12:03 AM (#530964 - in reply to #524808)

You could just ignore closing it and let it become seriously buried deep in the archives under the deluge of new threads which will inevitably come along in the days, weeks, months, and millenniums to follow!
Mike S.
Posted 2016-11-30 1:14 AM (#530965 - in reply to #530964)

Hey, Dave,
Sounds like a plan.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON. CANADA.