tornado pick up replacement
BKAT
Posted 2015-12-21 7:00 PM (#519642)
Subject: tornado pick up replacement

Hi everyone. I agree that ovation electrics have never gotten the respect they deserve. I have a 1968 Tornado with a Bigsby and although I have many guitars it is still my favorite. I bought it in 1970 used. A few years ago the bridge pup failed. I found one on line but it is not like the one that failed. It is a blade pup and the one that failed had two rows of black screws and two offset slots in the cover. The blade pup has one row of screws but they are spaced for the neck position not the bridge. I believe the original pups were Schaller. I considered replacing the original pups with TV Jones but I would have to make new mounts and covers and I would like to keep the guitar original. My son learned to play on it and I want to pass it on to him someday. Does anyone know where I could get an original? If not any suggestion will be appreciated and considered.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2015-12-22 2:42 AM (#519665 - in reply to #519642)
Subject: Re: tornado pick up replacement

The original early ones are hard to find, but the second version are a bit easier. Try contacting Al at Lost Art Vintage. I believe he can get them.

lostartvintage.com

BKAT
Posted 2015-12-23 6:54 PM (#519703 - in reply to #519665)
Subject: Re: tornado pick up replacement

Thanks for the tip Damon67 I'll give it a try.