New to the forums
gitfiddler
Posted 2015-12-09 10:47 AM (#519233)
Subject: New to the forums

Hi, All,

Just registered to the site.

I just bought a very nice used Ovation 6778LX Standard Elite, and I am loving it! It has promptly replaced my Ibanez acoustic-electric as my go-to axe. It's very likely that this Ovation will remain my lifetime acoustic instrument.

I suppose this now definitely qualifies me as an Ovation Fan!

A little about me: I am a 59 year old living in Castle Rock, CO. Actually, my main instrument is violin - I regularly play electric violin in a local large church rock-gospel band, but guitar is also one of my great loves.

I am predominantly a finger style guitarist, but am capable of flat picking, and occasionally I will pull out my Squire Strat and 'rawk-out'.

I have a musician friend with whom I have formed a duet act. He handles most of the rhythm guitar duties and does vocals, while I do most of the lead melody lines on either guitar, violin, or mando. Our set list is quite varied - Pop, Rock, Traditional, Celtic, Irish, Classical, Country, Western, Bluegrass, Blues, and even a little Jazz.
We regularly play at local nursing homes, and have done a number of open mic sessions, most notably at the Black Rose Acoustic Society in Black Forest, CO. We have also played at a number of art gallery receptions, providing 'ambiance' music.

I've even been known to take a small rig out once in awhile and do some street busking!

I look forward to interacting with a lot of you Ovation guitarist here on the forum. I hope I will be able to post on the rest of the site soon.

Mr. Admin ??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2015-12-09 2:08 PM (#519240 - in reply to #519233)
Subject: Re: New to the forums

Hello and welcome Gitfiddler!

My love for Ovations started with almost the same guitar, the 1778LX.

Feel free to roam about and post where you wish. You're a full member now.
gitfiddler
Posted 2015-12-09 2:12 PM (#519241 - in reply to #519233)
Subject: Re: New to the forums

THANKEE !