I'm new here, like to introduce myself
Freigeist
Posted 2015-11-25 12:06 PM (#518861)
Subject: I'm new here, like to introduce myself

Hello community,

After a 10-years break, six months ago I started playing the guitar again. But let's start from the beginning.

I'm 52 years of age, born and grown up in Germany, Rhein-Main Area (around Frankfurt). I started playing guitar 1979 and continued until 2005 when I left to live in Greece for 5 years. Around 10 years of that time I dedicaded playing the bass guitar. After my 10 years break (5 years in Greece and 5 years back in Germany), I had a strong feeling in 2015 to restart playing guitar. Not the electric one, I was longing playing an Ovation and subsequently bought one. My playing, of course is bad, my muscles in the fingers remember not very well, but my mind do so. I know the chords and picking, but my hands does not make what I like.
Anyhow, slowly I coming back to old quality, but hard to start a 2nd time...

I bought me a Ovation Custom Legend model 1869 from 1995. I'm really satisfied with this instrument and hoping to explore more and more of this fantastic guitar. I'm playing Elixir Nanoweb Light Phosphor Bronze 12-53 strings, but like to test the D'Addario EXP16 next (12-53). I learned those are the standard strings for Ovations?
What kind of strings are you using for your Ovations? I'm glad for every hint.

Thanks a lot for the pleasure to be a part of this community.
Ralf
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2015-11-25 12:45 PM (#518862 - in reply to #518861)
Subject: Re: I'm new here, like to introduce myself

Hello and welcome Ralf. I'm not a fan of coated strings. I mostly use D'Addario EJ16.

I've updated your status, so feel free to say hello in the main sections. There are only a few people with access to greet people in the Welcome section.
Top of the page Bottom of the page