Back to the Future
Pimpernel Smith
Posted 2015-10-27 9:54 AM (#516725)
Subject: Back to the Future

Greetings Everyone:

I am a bass player who occasionally picks up a guitar to work out melodies or when working on new music. I always work out the bass after I have the melody and chords sorted out. Generally I play a Jack Casady bass.

When I was but a lad in university, I bought a new 1972 Balladeer and played it for several years. Then I switched to bass playing. About a year ago, the memory of the sound of the Balladeer returned to my head, and I decided to find and buy one exactly like the one I had. And I did.

Last month, I bought a mint condition 1972 Balladeer 1111-4 with a 5 piece neck in the original case. I promptly strung it up with a set of Martin Marquis 12s. It sounds better than I had remembered. Perfect, clear with a strong bass. I can play John Lennon style chords and Django chords up and down the fret board. I'm so happy with it. What a neck, and what a wonderful loud acoustic guitar.

So, I just wanted to check in with you, and to say hello.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2015-10-27 2:27 PM (#516751 - in reply to #516725)
Subject: Re: Back to the Future

Welcome PSmith. Congratulations on the great find. Feel free to join in the fun. I've updated your status... Fly be free
Pimpernel Smith
Posted 2015-10-27 3:06 PM (#516758 - in reply to #516725)
Subject: Re: Back to the Future

Cheers, Damon67. And thanks for the upgrade in status.
I've been lurking on the site for a while and find it rather interesting.