Elite 5 string up
Northcountry
Posted 2007-06-21 10:10 PM (#314747)
Subject: Elite 5 string up

Selling the Bass. I have listed it before most of you guy's know what it is, and there is a shot of it in my gallery.
It is a one-of and it plays like no acoustic I have ever played anywhere else ever.
This one is a rare bird and I really hate to give up the only acoustic bass I have so it is up for sale at $1,200...........that is actually a very fair value for this bass but I am trying to generate cash for another purchase so I need to sell it sooner than it's value will dictate.
For a member that contacts me this week I will sell it for $1,000 you pay whatever actual shipping is to your door. Now that's a deal boy's and girls. I can email some pic's

Randy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Northcountry
Posted 2007-06-30 8:20 AM (#314748 - in reply to #314747)
Subject: Re: Elite 5 string up

Not one response?? We either have No Bass players at all right now or no one in here knows just how hard an instrument this is to find if your looking for one. Great value on this one as well because of it's uniquenes, you'll never find another made with a figured maple top, 5 strings, adamas body, and custom bridge. It;s a one-of-a-kind. Unplugged sound is loud enough to jam with an acoustic guitar in the same room and not get overpowered. That does not happen with most acoustic basses. Consider it I will let this thread die it's slow death now.
Randy
bvince
Posted 2007-07-02 11:56 AM (#314749 - in reply to #314747)

Hi Randy,

That sure is a nice looking bass. If I had the cash, I'd jump on it. But as it appears I may have to lighten my collection to raise funds for a trip to Germany.
Northcountry
Posted 2007-07-02 4:13 PM (#314750 - in reply to #314747)

Always figured I'd make a trip t the old country myself at least once. I actually have some family there that My Grandmother could communicate with but the rest of our generations have lost the ability to speak German. I tried to learn once, I suppose I could do it but it is harder than teaching yourself to play guitar! Wish I stayed with it though. Not a very "Pretty" language. It's kinda funny; what I have learned recently that my relatives do there (considering what I do for a living and a hobby) their name is Siedel. They run a Scale model Aircraft Engine factory and produce "large scale", super expensive, 9 cylinder, RC engines as well as some of the smaller ones. I think somewhere near Wuetten ??? If I spelled it correctly? Sounds very interesting.
Yeah this bass/ like a lot of acoustic basses does not seem to move when I want it to, and to be honest now that the smoke has cleared and I have an Alembic, I am happy I still managed to hang on this one. It is a "one of" and a great player. I will have it and I suppose I will be waffeling on keeping it for a while so someone could end up with it in the future anyway.

Enjoy the trip Vince! If ya visit Crazy Ludwigs castle, send some photo's to me. Will ya??

Randy
bvince
Posted 2007-07-03 4:45 PM (#314751 - in reply to #314747)

I hope I get a chance to do some sight seeing before the baby comes. This happened last year in Japan, when my son and daughter-in-law had twins ... we arrived just after the birth and spent the entire time babysitting. Of course I got the graveyard shift and was exausted the entire time. This would probably also be a good opportunity to take an instrument over there with me and get a nice price. Perhaps my Custom Legend 12 string :) (no shipping and customs fees)
bvince
Posted 2007-07-03 4:49 PM (#314752 - in reply to #314747)

Oh yeah ... back to your bass. Man! I would have paid that price back when I had the cash. You know, it may just be your destiny to hang on to it. Like you said ... there is not another one like it. I am suprised you haven't sold it yet at that price. The new standard ones are going for more than 2 and a half times that much, and they are not near the quality of yours.