Value of an old guitar
harleygrl
Posted 2006-12-15 11:44 PM (#226393)
Subject: Value of an old guitar

I have an old ovation which I love very much. I'm curious of the value it is a Balladeer from approximately 1972-3. The model is 1612-4 -- I found a blue book value but the 1612 guitar, it listed it as having ;) a 3 band EQ. All this one has is a singe knob. I've had this baby since birth. I know this one is a classic, they don't make them like they used to. I can't seem to find my particular gutiar and a value for it. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2006-12-16 6:23 AM (#226394 - in reply to #226393)
Subject: Re: Value of an old guitar

Hi, and welcome. "Blue Book" values are only a guideline....price depends on many things. Condition, date of manufacture, and how badly your potential buyer wants your guitar.

Given what I've seen on eBay lately, if your guitar is in good condition, i.e., no cracks in the top, maybe some small finish checks, the neck is straight, the frets don't need dressing or leveling.....ballpark is around $300. Your mileage may vary.

In case you think that is low...old (and even recently-built used) Ovations generally don't bring that much, even in good condition. It's been a topic of much, much discussion here.

Roger
Top of the page Bottom of the page