Celebrity Solid-body (electric)
as-man
Posted 2004-04-15 12:31 PM (#189896)
Subject: Celebrity Solid-body (electric)

Hi there

New member here... I just searched through all the old posts here, before asking. And I found this topic that relates to my situation:

http://www.ovationfanclub.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000591

I've had this guitar since around 1990, but I think it's made in '87. I've had absolutely no info on this guitar, other than the guy I bought it from, who said it was a celebrity-model :rolleyes:

Later I've found out that the model is Celebrity GC3 and there's a small sticker on the guitar that says gc-3-6. What does that last number indicate?

Does anyone have any more info on this guitar? Like how many were made of them, and why they were named Celebrity (there are both electric and accoustic/electric Celebrity's)

It's made in Korea, and it has the characteristic Jackson-look.

I can get a picture if anyone's interested...

.a
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-04-15 12:52 PM (#189897 - in reply to #189896)
Subject: Re: Celebrity Solid-body (electric)

Sounds like you already have all the info anyone knows. The last number may be the color, as that would fit the scheme of things, but that's a guess. Could also be the number of pickups or some other configuration. Really not much else to tell. They were made in Korea in the 80's.
as-man
Posted 2004-04-15 1:09 PM (#189898 - in reply to #189896)
Subject: Re: Celebrity Solid-body (electric)

Alright, thanks...

You see, I'm thinking of getting a paint-job done, to make it look more like a 'one-of-a-kind'...

But I wouldn't wanted to do anything if it was rare, or something...

Do you have any idea how many there were made of them? Orion Bluebook says that it was only produced in 1987, so it couldn't have been too many produced...